Monday, June 28, 2010

Our Home away from Home-Bar Harbor, Maine










So we rented yet again a cute little home to stay in for a week while we were waiting for our rig to get fixed. It was the cutest little cabin. The pictures that follow are first of all of the millions of lupins EVEREYWHERE. I called my mother and told her that there were so many that I would not be in the least bid surprised if the state was painted just a little bit purple from outer space. They are everywhere and they are gorgeous. Anyways, after that are all of the ocean pictures. The ocean was yet again our backyard and we once again loved it. We would take the boys down several times to play and they loved going down to the beach. Whenever it was low tide the beach was COVERED in mussels. There were so many that it was physically impossible to walk on the beach without stepping on them. For years I have always heard how good mussels are and I always see them on menus in the restaurants so I thought I would try and make my own. I found out from the locals how to make them and I went down to the beach, brought some home and cooked them. Let me tell you- they were disgusting. I felt so bad for killing those poor little animals but I just couldn't do it. They were so bad.

No comments: