Monday, September 15, 2008

Scary Spiders


So I walked into my laundry room to get something and there is this HUGE fuzzy spider on the floor. I thought it was some weird kind of tarantula. I called Bryan and told him he needed to come kill it and he had no idea why I was freaking out over a little spider. Little did he know it wasn't so little. He himself was totally freaked out and he tried to kill it but naturally out spider killer spray was above the dryer so he couldn't reach it without getting VERY close to the spider. He managed to get the spray and as soon as he sprayed it HUNDREDS of little spiders jumped off the big spider. Turns out it wasn't fluffy at all but rather covered in about 1,000 babies making it look huge. Lucky for me Bryan took care of it and killed all of the spiders for me.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh! You have got to stop posting all of these gross spider pictures! I am NEVER moving to Georgia, that's for sure. What size are we talking, here? I mean, tarantula-like is pretty freakin' huge! SCARY!

On a funny note, Matt toddled into my room late last night and (very groggily) told me that there was a really big spider on his pillow that was trying to tickle him. Tee hee hee. I wasn't sure if he was dreaming about one or if one had actually crawled on him, which tickled, and I really didn't want to find out. This morning he said he was dreaming about the spiders from the It's Tough to Be a Bug show. To further elaborate, the spider was trying to tickle his bum crack. HA!

*chanting* NO MORE SPIDER POSTS! NO MORE SPIDER POSTS!

Christy said...

The sicko in me just checked out a larger version of your spider picture, again. What is wrong with me? SO GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fears said...

ok the big spider picture didn't freak me out, it wasn't until you mentioned all the babies got off and ran everywhere!!! creepy.

scott and tara said...

AHHH! That is totally disgusting. I hate spiders. That is one thing I hated about living out East was all the nasty bugs. I'm glad you called in reinforcements - I would have done the same thing!!!

Brian and Melanie said...

It is called a Wolf spider, they are inevitably all over GA.. and as big as they are, some larger than a full size grown mans hand they still manage to get into your house. I should warn you though I am guessing you figured it out, you should never try and stomp on one or spray, the babies go everywhere. Next time try to put something over it, then put the toxic spray in the container. They are very gross!